Turkey and Ham pie. Add the mustard, turkey and ham and stir. If you have a pie funnel, put it in the middle of the filling. Make the most of Christmas leftovers with this hearty turkey and ham pie recipe that's perfect for a Boxing Day or post-Christmas family dinner.
A traditional pie features lots of vegetable and is the perfect 'use up' dish. You can add almost any veg you like to your pie, which is fab if you've got lots of greens leftover from Christmas day. Layer some sliced ham or turkey on the bottom, then spoon and spread over a thin layer of sauce and repeat the layers Roll out the larger piece until big enough to cover the pie with an overhang. You can have Turkey and Ham pie using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Turkey and Ham pie
- Prepare of Chopped cooked turkey.
- Prepare of Chopped cooked ham.
- Prepare of If you wish any left over veg.
- You need Packet of ready made puff pastry.
- Prepare Tablespoon of butter.
- It’s Tablespoon of flour.
- It’s 1/2 pint of milk.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- You need Tablespoon of whole grain mustard.
- You need Tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
Brush the edge of the pie with egg yolk, then lift on the pastry lid and press the edges to seal before trimming. What better way to use up your Christmas turkey leftovers? Stir in the turkey, ham, chopped herbs and the freshly cooked (or leftover) broccoli, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into the ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato, spooning it on in dollops and spreading with a fork.
Turkey and Ham pie instructions
- In a small pan melt butter and add flour. Mix well and slowly add milk. Keep it moving! Add mustard. Salt and pepper. Add cranberry sauce..
- Add chopped meats/veg to pie dish..
- Pour over the sauce and mix well..
- Roll out pastry and place in top of mixture. Glaze with milk..
- Bake for 30 mins at 180..
- Eat with braised red cabbage..
recipe by Julie Harrington @cookpad
In the days that follow the main festival warming comforting food is very much still in order and on the menu, but I still want to eat relatively healthily (or at least leave some. Cut one third off the dough and roll the larger piece out on a floured surface and used to line a medium sized deep pie dish. This turkey and ham pie is a great way of using up your leftovers on Boxing day! Cut one third off the dough and roll the larger piece out on a floured surface and used to line a medium sized deep pie dish. Brush the edges of the dish with water and use the pastry trimmings to cover the lip.