(Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry.
You can cook (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of (Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry
- It’s 14 of large sweet potatoes OR.
- It’s 8 kg of potatoes.
- Prepare 14-20 cloves of garlic (minced ca.50-60g).
- Prepare 40 g of fresh turmeric or 6tsp dried.
- Prepare 7 of medium onions (diced ca.965g).
- Prepare 6 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 7 tsp of =21g curry powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 7 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of = cinnamon.
- It’s 1000 g of =7c diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbs of date (or maple) syrup.
- Prepare 2000 ml of full-fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 7 of c=850g frozen peas.
- Prepare of If needed:.
- It’s of More coconut milk or veg broth.
- You need of Decorate with:.
- You need of Cilantro.
- It’s of Fresh julienne cut ginger.
(Sweet) Potato – Aloo Curry step by step
- Dice (peal if you prefer) potatoes.
- Boil until 'al dente' – usually 10min if starting with salted boiling water.
- While boiling the potatoes prepare :.
- Mince garlic and turmeric finely or if mixer available use (in tmx speed 10 for 5sec).
- Chop onions finely (in tmx speed 5.5 for 5sec).
- Add coconut oil to pan and heat up OR if available into cooking mixer.
- If preparing in pan / pot :.
- Heat oil, fry onions till yellow translucent, then add garlic till fragrant.
- Add turmeric.
- Add spices.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook till it becomes pastelike for about half an hour at medium high temperature.
- If you're using the tmx: Varoma speed 1 set for 20-30 min.
- Add ingredients like in pot method with tomatoes being last addition.
- Now mix potatoes (or sweet potatoes) with the paste in large pot.
- Add coconut milk.
- 20min medium flame simmer with lid on.
- Add peas and let sit covered for 5min, flame turned off.
- Add date sirup and stir well.
- Serve with chopped cilantro or thai basil on top.
recipe by NAGEV 💓 Zabeth @cookpad