Date Nut Candy. Even though my two grown sons aren't big "sweets eaters", they think these candies are exceptional. The big peanut butter flavor is a hit combined with holiday staples like walnuts and. Be the first to rate & review!
Date Nut Roll Candy is a traditional, Southern candy served during the holidays. This recipe is easy to follow and a family-favorite! Every year for Christmas, my Grandmother Verdie would spend a day in. You can cook Date Nut Candy using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date Nut Candy
- Prepare 3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1/2 lb of pitted, chopped dates.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans or chopped walnuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Here is an old family recipe for a delicious candy made from dates and nuts. It makes a huge batch, freezes (supposed to), and EVERYONE LOVES IT! A roll of this candy makes a great gift (rolled in non-terry. Learn how to make Date and Nut Ladoo Recipe by Manjula.
Date Nut Candy instructions
- In large saucepan over med to med-hi heat, mix sugar, milk, and butter. Stir constantly about 15 min. Good test: drop a tiny amount into ice water. If it forms instantly into a firm ball, it's ready..
- Add dates. Stir constantly until dates are melted, about 15-20 minutes depending on how finely you chopped the dates. Try the "firm ball" test..
- Remove from stove immediately and pour into greased pan..
- Wait until candy cools in pan (about 10 minutes). Then cut candy into squares. Don't wait too long because the candy will be too hard to cut. Candy will keep in the fridge for about a week..
Farmers' Market Ingredients: walnuts, dates, almond butter, honey. Stir sugar, milk, and butter together in a saucepan; bring to a boil without stirring once the boiling begins. Childhood Christmas Candy Memories: Date Nut Roll- Places. Delivery date will be estimated at checkout. A wide variety of dates nut options are available to you, such as processing type, cultivation type, and style.