Silken Tofu & Rum Raisins Chocolate Truffles. Silken tofu also called soft, silk, or Japanese-style tofu has a softer consistency than regular tofu and will fall apart if not handled carefully. You may notice that silken tofu (soft tofu), unlike regular tofu, is sometimes packaged in aseptic boxes that do not require refrigeration. Nasoya® Silken Tofu is ideal for replacing eggs or dairy to create a healthier dessert or smoothie!
There is, however, a whole other world of recipes that use silken tofu as a protein-rich provider of creamy texture, in place of dairy milk, yogurt, or cream. Silken tofu is also a great vegan alternative to egg yolks in Caesar dressings, Music says. The creaminess of silken tofu makes it perfect for creating smooth, creamy dips and spreads. You can cook Silken Tofu & Rum Raisins Chocolate Truffles using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Silken Tofu & Rum Raisins Chocolate Truffles
- It’s 200 g of Dark Chocolate Buttons *if you use a block, chop up coarsely.
- Prepare 150 g of Silken Tofu *You can use 150ml Cream instead.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Rum-steeped Raisins OR Sultanas.
- Prepare 6 (60 g) of Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits *OR Chocolate-Flavoured Biscuits.
- Prepare of Pistachio Nuts *diced.
- Prepare of Almonds *diced.
- It’s of Cocoa Powder.
Many people don't realize that there are different types of tofu that can be used in a variety of different dishes. Let us show the differences and explore these simple silken tofu recipes. Bonus: silken tofu packs a protein and calcium punch to power your day. This silky smooth pudding tastes rich and luscious, thanks to the silken tofu and cocoa powder.
Silken Tofu & Rum Raisins Chocolate Truffles instructions
- Place Silken Tofu in a small heatproof bowl, break into smaller pieces, and heat in the microwave for 1 minutes to warm up and also to help water to come out. Discard the water, and use a whisk or hand blender to blend until smooth (OR almost smooth)..
- Place Dark Chocolate in a separate heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and melt chocolate. Alternatively, you can heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Stir until smooth..
- Add the blended Silken Tofu, Rum Raisins and coarsely broken Choc Ripple Biscuits, and mix to combine. Line a small container with plastic wrap, pour the mixture in the container and cool in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours until completely set..
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and roll into balls. Coat with diced Pistachio Nuts, diced Almonds or Cocoa Powder..
You can eat silken tofu hot or cold, and you can cook it or you can eat it raw. Silken tofu is the perfect substitute for eggs, or you can blend it into dips, smoothies, and many other meals. Vegan silken tofu scramble is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or maybe just the filling for a warm sandwich on a winters day. I'm noticing vegan scrambled egg popping up on more and more cafe menus, hurrah for vegans, people are realising this is the best substitute in the world to actual eggs! National Crime History is a compilation curated by Belgian labels Silken Tofu and Idiosyncratics, both known for crossing borders and disregarding genre limitations.