Oven-baked ham, onion, etc. frittata. This baked frittata is simple to make—just scramble together the ingredients and bake them! It's a quick meal for any time of day. Jules discovered that the best way to make frittatas is to simply bake them in the oven, which got me excited about making frittatas.
Cook, stirring gently a couple times in the first minutes of cooking. This easy baked egg dish leaves plenty of room for creativity. Add green bell peppers or mushrooms to the ham, onion, and potatoes for an even more colorful meal. You can cook Oven-baked ham, onion, etc. frittata using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven-baked ham, onion, etc. frittata
- Prepare 1 of largish potato, boiled and sliced.
- It’s 30 g of butter.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red chili, with seeds, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- It’s 150 ml of milk.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 150 g of cooked ham, diced.
- It’s 50 g of cheddar cheese, grated.
Always Start with More Onions than You Think You Need. If raw eggs run into the cut, bake for another few minutes; if the eggs are set, pull the frittata from the oven. Oven-baked ham, onion, etc. frittata is something which I've loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Oven-baked ham, onion, etc. frittata step by step
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent (probably 180C, 160C with Circotherm)..
- Boil the potato in salted water until just done. Drain, set aside and slice as soon as cool enough..
- Use a little of the butter to lightly grease a baking dish..
- Heat the rest of the butter in a frying pan. Gently fry the onion for 2 minutes, then add the chili and garlic and fry, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to turn golden but not brown – about 5 minutes..
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and milk, then season, stir in the onion, garlic and chili and finally add the ham and cheese..
- Lay the potato slices in the baking dish, then pour the egg mixture into the dish, to spread evenly. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes..
- Serve piping hot onto warmed plates..
recipe by John A @cookpad
To get started with this recipe, we must Here's how you make a frittata: Preheat the the oven. Cook your add-ins in an oven proof pan (potatoes, ham, spinach, and green onions). Oven-baked pea, ham and pasta frittatas recipe. Potatoes, eggs, and ham, this frittata is all of your breakfast favorites in one dish. While the potatoes are cooking, slice both the green and white ends of the green onions.