You can have Oysters Rockefeller using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oysters Rockefeller
- Prepare of ⦁ 2 dozen oysters, shucked.
- You need of ⦁ 1/4 cup butter +2 Tbsp.
- It’s of ⦁ 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare of ⦁ 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of ⦁ 5 oz baby spinach, finely chopped.
- You need of ⦁ 2 whole green onion, finely chopped.
- You need of ⦁ 1 small stalk celery, finely diced.
- You need of ⦁ 1 mini bottle Anisette (50ml or 1 1/2 oz).
- It’s of ⦁ Dash or two of Tabasco Sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare of ⦁ 2 tablespoons freeze-dried fresh parsley.
- You need of ⦁ 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano, grated.
- It’s of ⦁ 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Prepare of ⦁ Banquettes or Italian bread.
Oysters Rockefeller instructions
- Scrub the oysters if necessary.
- Either shuck by hand or put six at a time on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute..
- Cut the oysters free of the shell, reserving the bottom shell..
- Put the oysters and it's liquor in a separate bowl and refigerate..
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the garlic, saute until fragrant, about a minute..
- Add the garlic butter into the breadcrumbs. Then mix in the parsley and parmesan..
- Put another 2 Tbsp Butter into the pan and add the spinach, green onion and celery to the pan and cook until the spinach is soft..
- Add the Anisette to the pan. Allow the liquid to evaporate and remove from heat before seasoning with Tabasco Sauce, salt, and pepper to taste..
- Preheat the oven to 450f..
- In a pan with rock salt to steady the shells or oyster serving pan, place the shells and put one oyster in each along with a little oyster liquior..
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the mixture onto each oyster followed by some bacon and the breadcrumbs..
- Bake in a preheated 450F oven until golden brown, about 7-10 minutes..
- Serve with the bread and a good Chardonay or your choice of white wine..
recipe by Paul Rybak @cookpad