Steamed Date Pudding.
You can have Steamed Date Pudding using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed Date Pudding
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 10-15 of dates, pitted.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 tsp. of melted butter.
- You need as required of chopped pistachios, tutti frutti & dry rose petals to garnish (opt).
Steamed Date Pudding step by step
- Soak the dates in milk for an hour or two. Then blend into a puree. Whisk the eggs well and strain..
- Now in a bowl, mix the date-milk puree, strained egg mix and vanilla essence. Whisk well to combine..
- Grease an aluminium / steel bowl or a baking tin with the melted butter. Transfer the contents into it and steam either in a pressure cooker or steamer for 25-30 minutes on a low flame..
- Let it cool down a bit. Then run a knife around the edges and demould it on a serving plate. Garnish with chopped pistachios, dry rose petals and tutti frutti and enjoy..
recipe by Bethica Das @cookpad