Baid Al Qata.
You can have Baid Al Qata using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baid Al Qata
- You need of For the dough:.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cake or all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lukewarm milk.
- Prepare 1 stick of (100 gm) unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s Pinch of cardamom.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 cup of crushed walnuts.
- You need of Few strands of saffron soaked in 1 Tbsp rose water.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cardamom (or more according to preference).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of orange blossom water.
- You need of Powdered sugar for coating.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
Baid Al Qata instructions
- Sift together the flour, cardamom and salt then add the butter and knead. Add milk gradually and knead till you get a soft and smooth dough.Cover and set aside from 30-60 minutes..
- Meanwhile, mix all filling ingredients together. (Walnuts, cinnamon, cardamom, sugar, rose water and blossom water) When dough is ready, take a small piece of it and spread lightly, then add in the center a small amount of the walnut mixture, but do not overfill it so it won't open during the frying process. Fold the dough over the filling forming a ball, then turn it into an egg-shape by rolling it lightly between your palms . Set aside for the dough to rest again for 10 to 15 minutes. This will help the dough to maintain its shape..
- Deep fry till they turn golden.Strain excess oil and let them cool down a little bit..
- Toss them in powdered sugar to cover all sides, or from one side only if you don't want it to be very sweet. The original recipe calls for covering it from all sides..
- Serve it along with Arabic coffee or special saffron coffee..