Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes. I was looking for your Vegan Chocolate Cupcake recipe as I used it about six years ago and loved it. Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes with the Ultimate Chocolate Frosting. This has been a literal labor of love!
They are perfectly moist and insanely chocolaty, topped with a supreme fudge chocolate frosting. This is the best chocolate cupcake recipe. These chocolate cupcakes are the best – moist, rich, and decadent! You can make Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes
- You need of Cupcakes.
- You need 1 stick of butter, room temp.
- You need 2 oz of semisweet baking chocolate.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, room temp.
- It’s 3/4 c of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 t of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 c of sour cream, room temp.
- It’s 1/2 c of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 3/4 c of AP flour.
- You need 1/2 t of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 t of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 t of salt.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 t of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 12 oz of semisweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 3 sticks of butter, room temp.
- Prepare 8 oz of cream cheese, room temp.
- Prepare 2 c of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 c of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 4-5 T of brewed hot coffee.
This easy chocolate cupcake recipe includes step-by-step directions and video. The Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake recipe -make chocolate cupcakes with silky chocolate ganache and the BEST chocolate buttercream frosting. I created the Ultimate Chocolate Cupcake Recipe. These are the ultimate chocolate cupcakes!
Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes instructions
- ~~cupcake instructions~~.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- This recipe makes 12-14 cupcakes, so prepare one pan (or maybe two) with cupcake liners. Using a 2 oz scoop, this made 14 cupcakes..
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between each time. Set aside..
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and sour cream and whisk on medium speed until smooth. (about 1 minute).
- In a medium sized bowl, sift the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together until thoroughly combined..
- Add the cooled butter/chocolate to the stand mixer and whisk until smooth, about 30 seconds. Slowly add in the flour mixture, about 1/4 cup at a time with the stand mixer on low. As soon as you are done adding the flour turn the mixer off. (You do not want to over-mix!) The batter will be very thick..
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full with batter. Bake for 7.5 minutes, turn the pan(s) and bake another 7.5 minutes. The center of the cupcake should spring back up if gently pressed. Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting..
- ~~frosting instructions~~.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds..
- Place room temperature butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer. Cream together for 3 minutes on medium. The mixture will be light, fluffy, and a pale yellow. Scrape the sides of the bowl..
- In a separate bowl, add 4 tablespoons of hot coffee to cocoa and stir. If the mixture is still very thick, you can add 1 more tablespoon of hot coffee..
- Turn mixer on to the lowest setting and add in confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time. Once incorporated, turn mixer on medium for 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl..
- Turn the mixer off and add in vanilla extract, cooled chocolate, and cocoa/coffee mixture. Mix for another 3 minutes on medium..
- Frosting will darken as it sets. Garnish with sprinkles (chocolate jimmies) if you want!.
Valentine's Day is right around the corner! For both the cupcakes and the frosting it's important to use quality cocoa powder. These super moist chocolate cupcakes pack TONS of chocolate flavor in each cupcake wrapper! Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favorite. The only chocolate cupcake and chocolate buttercream recipe you'll ever need!