Sweet Potato Pie.
You can have Sweet Potato Pie using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie
- You need 4 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of butter favored shortening.
- You need 3 tbl of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ice water.
- It’s 2 cups of sweet potatoes (2 medium potatoes).
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbl of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Sweet Potato Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. FIRST SIX INGREDIENTS BELONG TO THE CRUST !!!.
- In a large bowl add flour and shortening bring it together..
- Add sugar and salt. Mix the egg with the ice water..
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust and combine..
- Flour a surface and bring the crust into a ball, then decide into two balls. Roll out ball to about 1/4 inch thick and place into a deep dish pie pan, pressing it in with your hands. Refrigerate the other ball until needed..
- Place sweet potatoes in oven for about 45 minutes at 425 degrees after pricking them with a fork a few times..
- When done remove skin and place in a large bowl breaking it down with a fork then using a mixer until creamy and smooth..
- Add butter and seasonings and mix together again..
- Taste before adding eggs !!!!.
- Add eggs, mix again then pour into prepared pie pan. Bake for 55 minutes..
- Let cool for 30 minutes. ENJOY.