Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies. Once the butter has turned a nice nutty brown, remove from the heat and pour into a large liquid measuring cup to stop the cooking. Take your chocolate chip cookie game to a whole new level with these Ultimate Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! I'll share my secrets to getting bakery perfection!
Chocolate chunk cookies can easily become too ooey and gooey (too much of a good thing exists!) so I made sure these were the perfect balance of gooey, chewy. We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks. You can have Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of bread flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt(I use 1/4 tsp).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of cold water.
- Prepare 1 cup of dark brown sugar(I used half of cup).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar (I used 1/4 cup).
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 teaspoon of espresso powder.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 5 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped.
Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Chewy chocolate chip cookies with crisp edges, a rich, buttery, toffee-like flavor, big chocolate chunks, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies step by step
- To make brown butter, just toss it in a sauce pan, and bring it to a boil. After a few minutes of boiling, the milk solids in the butter are going to toast and turn brown. Remove from the heat and pour into a liquid measuring cup to stop the cooking. Give it a stir and add 2-3 tablespoons of cold water to the butter to bring it back up to 1 cup of liquid. Set aside to cool to room temperature. This butter will give a rich, nutty flavor to the cookies..
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt and sift..
- In a large bowl, add the sugars, vanilla, espresso powder, and cooled brown butter. Cream together with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and yolk and beat until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients, about ⅓ of the mixture at a time, and beat between additions until just incorporated. It’s okay for there to be a bit of unmixed flour on the edge of bowl, this will be incorporated in the next step..
- Using a spatula to fold the chocolate chips and chunks into the dough.
- Scoop the cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. For optimal flavor, cover and refrigerate for 1h or better overnight like I did..
- Bake in a preheated oven 180oC for 12-14 minutes..
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack..
Looking for something a bit faster and less labor-intensive? Try these quick and easy chocolate chip cookies , instead. Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside. The Best Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies You'll EVER Eat! These cookies aren't just epic, but also life-changing.