Focassia- ham and basil. This Basil Focaccia bread recipe is from Emilia-Romagna, the region where you can find Bologna, Parma, and Modena — pretty much all the cities for Italian comfort food. Up to this day, I cannot decide which traditional focaccia I prefer. Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread similar in style and texture to pizza; in some places, it is called "pizza bianca".
ALways good when a sandwich doesnt need cheese. This was a delicious sandwich and we did not change a thing. We did use a really nice tomato basil focaccia we found at the store. You can make Focassia- ham and basil using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Focassia- ham and basil
- Prepare 2 3/4 cups of strong flour.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil more for drizzle.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Focaccia is one of the most famous Italian flatbreads. Typical to Liguria and Genoa in particular it's often called focaccia al olio Often, with the word focaccia people refer to all its possible variants. I simply love it, I usually don't make it from scratch but buy it at my local bakery and put mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil on top and put it the oven for a. This Italian-inspired Tomato Basil Parmesan Focaccia may just be one of the most delicious things you ever put in your mouth!
Focassia- ham and basil instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside..
- Stir yeast in a warm water and wait until it bubbles for about 10-15 minutes..
- Pour yeast mixture in flour mixture and mix until you can form like a ball..
- Transfer in an a slightly floured surface and knead until soft and elastic for about 8 minutes..
- Transfer in a oiled bowl and cover with damp cloth for 20 minutes until double it size..
- Punch down the dough and drizzle with olive oil.generously. create a hole using your finger..
- Cover again for about 10 minutes and bake for 15-20 minutes or until brown and crispy on edges..
recipe by Hungry_picasso @cookpad
Pear ravioli with Parma ham and Gorgonzola sauce You can also substitute the Gorgonzola for other cheeses For the dough Variation: Try stuffing the focaccia with thinly sliced tomatoes and basil leaves, shredded cooked ham and Fontina cheese, or simply a mixture of your favorite Italian cheeses. Lay the sliced tomatoes in an overlapping pattern on the focaccia and spoon the olive-oil mixture over them. Sprinkle with three tablespoons of Parmesan and return the focaccia to the oven just until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about one to two minutes. This focaccia recipe can be made your own by adding whatever toppings you want. From salami & cheese to artichokes & roasted red Focaccia, Three Ways.