Nanny`s pecan pie. This pecan pie ice cream tastes just like pie but in ice cream form! Delicious vanilla ice cream mixed with a sweet pecan pie filling and decorated with little pie crust cookies. You'll love this sweet ice cream treat!
Because while Pecan Pie is just about as important to your Thanksgiving meal as the turkey, I kind of feel like it should get some love on a random Wednesday in. This Southern Pecan Pie recipe has a perfect nutty, sweet and indulgent filling that bakes inside an all butter flaky crust! The Perfect Southern Pecan Pie Recipe! You can cook Nanny`s pecan pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Nanny`s pecan pie
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark karo syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of light karo syrup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 tsp of maple flavoring.
- It’s 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs room temperature & beating.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need pinch of corn meal (pretty big pinch).
- Prepare 2 of pie crust.
When I was a little girl, I would watch my grandmother make pies with such ease. She'd roll out her dough on a dining room table coated with. This pecan pie from my grandmother is so good that I had to share it. The addition of pure maple syrup is the secret that makes it especially delicious.
Nanny`s pecan pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- To eggs add vanilla and maple beat. Sit to the side..
- In a large 4 cup measuring cup or bowl put your syrup, sugar,pecans, salt, corn meal and butter. Mix well.
- Add the egg mixture and mix. Side aside..
- Place Reynolds wrap around the top of the crust so it won't burn..
- Stir pie filling again and divide half into each crust..
- Place in oven. Cook for about 40 minutes..
- It needs to sit and cool for at least 3 hours. Can be frozen for later..Make sure you take the wrap off before serving..
Welcome to Simply Mamá Cooks YouTube Channel! I am a Mom to a blended Korean / Mexican American family that loves to share what I cook in my home. Learn how to make Pecan Pie! Flaky all-butter pie crust with a soft set filling, and a helpful quick video tutorial so you'll nail it every single time! One might ask what this Japanese born Aussie gal is doing, determined to master this great American classic.