Cherry cupcakes. Now while I adore fresh cherries, I have to admit that these little cupcakes feature one of my secretly favorite ingredients: maraschino. Delicious chocolate cherry cupcakes topped with an easy vanilla buttercream and a drizzle of cherry reduction, and filled with a cherry surprise! This post may contain affiliate links.
Inside each of these cupcakes is a fruity surprise! I start with a convenient cake mix to produce these special treats. —Bertille Cooper, California, Maryland. Cherry cupcakes are perfect for cherry lovers! You can make Cherry cupcakes using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Cherry cupcakes
- You need of For cupcake batter:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 3 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 (21 oz) of can of cherry pie filling.
- You need of For Buttercream:.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of lightly salted butter, room temperature.
- You need 2 Tbsp of meringue powder.
- You need 3 tsp of pure vanilla.
- It’s 2 lbs of (about 8 cups) powdered sugar.
- It’s 4-6 Tbsp of water (depending on consistency desired).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of table salt.
There are two fresh or maraschino cherries baked into each cupcake sweetened with brown sugar. These Cherry Cupcakes have a Cherry Pastry Cream filling, and are topped with a White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting. Every week I've been making cupcakes for #cupcakemondays on instagram. The Cherry Cupcakes recipe out of our category cherry tart!
Cherry cupcakes instructions
- For the cupcake: At room tempterature beat unsalted butter at medium speed until creamy. Pour in sugar and beat well. Add 2 eggs one at a time, before adding the next make sure it is well combined..
- Add vanilla, baking powder, salt, flour, and milk. Beat until it is smooth..
- Take a cupcake baking tray and add cupcake liners and pour the batter into individual baking cups, until they are about 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Should get 24 -18 cupcakes..
- For the butter cream: Measure water, put in small cup and add salt. Stir to dissolve..
- Mix butter and Crisco on low until combined. Add meringue powder and vanilla extract. Mix on low to combine..
- Add powdered sugar gradually, still mixing on low..
- Gradually add salted water and mix on low for 1-2 minutes until well combined, scraping paddle and sides of bowl as necessary..
- You will need a pastry bag and a tip #48..
- I made these cupcakes 2 ways. First one I cut a hole in the top part center of the cupcake and filled it with cherry pie filling and did this with a few i was serving right away the rest i didnt fill..
- I took a little bit of brown icing food coloring and dyed the icing a light brown. Then I iced the top of each cupcake. Then i put a spoonful of cherry pie filling and placed in on top..
- I filled my pastery bag filled with buttercream and the tip on it. I decorated it like you would see it look like the sides and top of a cherry pie..
Cherry Limeade Cupcakes are the perfect way to enjoy cupcakes in the summer time. These light and refreshing flavors are so delicate and amazing! This will be your new favorite cupcake! Find cherry cupcakes stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Quick and easy cherry cheesecake cupcakes are filled with a cream cheese filling and topped with Nutritional Information.