Date Protein Bars.
You can cook Date Protein Bars using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date Protein Bars
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of oats.
- Prepare 1 scoop (36 g) of protein powder.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- It’s 250 g of pitted dates.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 60 g of dark chocolate.
- It’s 1/4 cup of peanut butter (optional).
- Prepare of Topping.
- It’s 90 g of dark chocolate.
Date Protein Bars step by step
- Line a square baking pan or glass dish with baking paper and set it aside..
- Place the oats in a food processor fitted with the steel blade and process until ground into a flour..
- Add the protein powder, dates, honey, vanilla, salt, milk, chocolate and peanut butter (optional)..
- Note: soak the dates in hot water for more fudge or date caramel taste..
- Process until the mixture is well combined..
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan or dish and press firmly into an even layer, smoothing the top as much as possible..
- Melt the 90g topping chocolate over a double boiler on the stove. Pour over the mixture evenly..
- Cover with baking paper or lid and place in the refrigerator to chill until firm (about 1 hour)..
- Remove the bars from the pan and slice into 24 rectangular bars..
- Store the bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator..
recipe by Mara @cookpad