dark chocolate cupcakes w/ marshmallow frosting! yummmy :)). (See recipes for Chocolate Frosting, Marshmallow Frosting or White Buttercream Frosting.) Review Body: This is my go-to recipe for chocolate cupcakes. I have tried it with Hershey's extra dark cocoa powder as well as other non-Dutch process. This recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Marshmallow Buttercream has won over children and adults alike.
First make the cupcakes This recipe makes plenty of frosting, so be generous when topping the cupcakes and use any extra to top off a cup of hot chocolate or a scoop of ice. Moist, tender chocolate cake conceals a marshmallow filling in these delightful treats. Chocolate Cupcakes with Marshmallow Cream Filling Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can make dark chocolate cupcakes w/ marshmallow frosting! yummmy :)) using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of dark chocolate cupcakes w/ marshmallow frosting! yummmy :))
- Prepare of cupcakes.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 oz of unsweetened dark chocolate, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cocoa powder.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 stick of butter (salted or unsalted will do 😉 ) or instead of butter, you can use 1/2 cup canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt ( if using unsalted butter).
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar.
- You need of frosting.
- You need 4 large of egg whites.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
We actually use two types of chocolate; unsweetened dark chocolate and unsweetened cocoa powder. Unsweetened chocolate is also known The frosting for these cupcakes is a Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting. Treat the chocolate lovers of your family with this delicious cupcake – a perfect baked dessert. These deep chocolate cupcakes with a dark chocolate, cream cheese topping are light yet wonderfully chocolaty.
dark chocolate cupcakes w/ marshmallow frosting! yummmy :)) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a 12 cupcake tin w/ cupcake liners;set aside.
- Boil water over high heat in a saucepan. Once boiling, turn off the heat then add the chocolate and cocoa. Whisk until smooth and set aside to cool..
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Place the butter and sugar into a large dry bowl and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 mins on med-high speed.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add vanilla extract, scraping sides as necessary and mixed until smooth and light.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed butter mixture alternately with the cooled chocolate mixture and mix until just incorporated and mixture is smooth ( Dont overmix!).
- Fill paper lined baking cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean..
- Cool for 10 mins before removing from tins to wire racks to cool completely..
- For the marshmallow frosting : fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water. Simmer water over med to high heat and arrange a rack in the middle. I use my stand mixer bowl over the boiling water..
- Place eggwhites, sugar, cream of tartar and salt in the stand mixer bowl and whisk by hand to combine. Nest the bowl over the saucepan, making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Heat the eggwhite mixture , whisking constantly until the sugar has dissolved and mixture is hot to ur touch. ( we dont wanna make scramble eggs ).
- Transfer bowl to stand mixer fitted wd whisk attachment. Whisk until stiff, glossy peaks form..
- Transfer frosting to piping bag fitted with a closed star piping tip and pipe it onto the cupcakes..
- Decorate. Serve and enjoy!.
Indulge yourself with this recipe for Devil's Food Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Frosting. It's a heavenly moist and fudgy chocolate cake topped beautifully with dark. The cake flavor and texture is fabulous and what better (or more classic) way to top a vanilla cake than with a light and fluffy dark chocolate frosting (you I have made this cake both as a layer cake and as cupcakes. It works very well either way. This is unfortunately the last video I'll have with her for a long time because we won't be living near each other for a while.