Sugar Cookies. Terrific plain or with candies in them. This recipe uses basic ingredients you probably already have. The BEST Sugar Cookie Recipe with an easy to make cookie frosting.
This Sugar Cookie Recipe is the only cut out cookie recipe I use. I have been baking these sugar cookies for years and have found it be the most delicious and foolproof cut out cookie recipe ever! A sugar cookie is a cookie with the main ingredients being sugar, flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, and either baking powder or baking soda (depending on the type of sugar used). You can make Sugar Cookies using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Sugar Cookies
- Prepare 1 c of Butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- Prepare 3 1/2 c of Flour.
With crisp edges, thick centers, and room for lots of decorating icing. Make the cookie dough: In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese with an electric hand mixer on high speed for. Hands down, The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe, we've ever tested! Learn How to Make Sugar Cookies that everyone will love.
Sugar Cookies instructions
- Cream together butter and sugar for at least 2 minutes..
- Add in eggs, vanilla, soda, salt, and cream of tartar until combined in the batter..
- Slowly add in flour 1 cup at a time..
- Roll out to 1/2"to 1/4". Cut dough out with cookie cutters. Chill for 3-4 hours..
- Bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!.
- Notes: The best results that I have had baking this cookie is when they are a bit under-baked. The color will be a light brown and the center of the cookies drop down a little bit from the edges..
These little guys are light, pillowy, and packed with flavor. Her daughter, Esther Davis, shared the recipe with me and she came up with all the exact measurements, since the original cookies were. This recipe is NO CHILL meaning you can roll out the dough and cut out shapes immediately! In my house, making holiday sugar cookies is just as much about the icing and the decorating as it is about the baking. What colors to use for the confectioners sugar icing?