Gulab jamun/ Gimat. Learn how to make Gulab Jamun at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried. This Diwali, treat your brother with this delicious sweet specially made by you. Gulab Jamun recipe made two ways with khoya and milk powder.
Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. Khoya gulab jamun recipe with video & step by step photos – Traditional gulab jamun recipe made with khoya. You can have Gulab jamun/ Gimat using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun/ Gimat
- Prepare 1 kg of flour All purpose.
- Prepare 1/2 of meduim spoon salt.
- You need 1/2 of meduim spoon turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 of can/cup yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 of tblspn yeast.
- It’s 1 of tblspn cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1 of tspn safron.
- It’s 4 cups of hot water.
- Prepare 2-3 of tblspn oil.
- You need of Coating:.
- Prepare of Dates syrup.
- You need of Sesame seeds.
Soft, spongy and melt in mouth gulab jamuns drenched in syrup is a traditional homemade sweet. This recipe uses khoya and saffron flavored syrup for more rich and delighting taste, texture and flavor. Gulab Jamun is a delicious Indian version of donuts immersed in warm sweet syrup. As India's most popular dessert, gulab jamun is a staple in most parts of the country.
Gulab jamun/ Gimat step by step
- Mix first all ingredients except flour, oil and water. Mix well..
- Add water while continue mixing then add flour. Mix very well, then add oil mix until the dough become soft. As you can see in photo..
- After you mixed this well keep 3o minutes untill the dough come up..
- Make oil hot, then fried the gulab jamun. If you want to get the equal round,use spoon get the dough from your hand and put in hot oil. Then stir untill it will become Brown..
- Remove from oil then put in bowl. Then put dates syrup and mix. Then put in tray and spray sesame up..
recipe by Grasya Cooking Time @cookpad
I love gulab jamun, but this recipe doesn't have the right proportions in the dough. Even so, the cooking technique is SPOT ON. If you want to make this recipe as is, just work milk powder into the. Gulab Jamun is a traditional dessert that is popular in South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan, as well as Caribbean countries such as Trinidad and Jamaica. Gulab Jamun is a very popular dessert in India.