You can cook Sheer Khurma using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sheer Khurma
- It’s 1/2 cup of Vermicelli –.
- You need 4 cups of Milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Dried milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Ghee or clarified butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Dates.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cashew nuts sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of Almonds sliced.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Pistachios , chopped.
- It’s 1 pinch of Saffron.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Rose essence.
Sheer Khurma step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan. Roast the raisins till puffed up and keep aside..
- Roast all the sliced nuts till the nuts become become light brown in colour and keep aside..
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan and roast the vermicelli on low heat. Stir continuously till it becomes golden brown..
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottom pan. When it starts to rolling boil simmer the flame. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- Now add dried milk and mix well. Add chopped dates, roasted dry nuts, soaked Saffron and vermicelli..
- Stir and cook until vermicelli becomes soft. Switch off the heat. It will become thick when cool..
- Add cardamom powder and rose essence. Mix well..
- Garnish with fried cashews, pistachio, Saffron strands and date. Serve warm or chilled..
recipe by Shikha Yashu Jethi @cookpad