Sweet Potato and Rice Flour Dumplings.
You can have Sweet Potato and Rice Flour Dumplings using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Rice Flour Dumplings
- It’s 6-7 of sweet potatoes(ranga aloo).
- You need 3 tbsp of rice flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of scraped coconut.
- You need 2 tbsp of khowa or dried whole milk.
- You need 500 ml of whole milk.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of date palm jaggery crushed.
- You need 4 tbsp of milk powder.
Sweet Potato and Rice Flour Dumplings step by step
- Cut and boil sweet potatoes.Peel and mash and set aside.Scrape coconut.In a nonstick pan melt jaggery with 1/4 th cup water.Add coconut and stir continuously until moisture evaporates.Add khowa or dried condensed milk and toss till well blended..
- Mix rice flour and all purpose flour in potato and knead well.Make balls out of the potato dough.Shape like a cup and put 1 tsp of coconut khowa mixture.Close the dumplings and give a shape of boat.Give a dusting of flour on all dumplings..
- Boil milk in a pan.Add milk powder to milk to get a smooth thick consistency. Keep boiling on low flame till reduced to half and stirring continuously so that milk doesn't burn below.Add jaggery or sugar and boil till jaggery or sugar melts and milk is condensed.Add the stuffed dumplings in boiling milk and give it a boil.Switch off heat.Cool and refrigerate.Serve chilled, a delicious and mouthwatering dessert after dinner..
recipe by Kumkum Chatterjee @cookpad