Spooky chocolate cupcakes. These special cupcakes, decorated with bats, black cats, webs and ghosts, disappeared fast!—Barb Schlafer, Appleton, Wisconsin. Make yummy Halloween chocolate cupcakes with YouTube's newest and cutest little star! Ghosts rise up out of these dark chocolate cupcakes to put a little scare in your Halloween gathering.
These super moist chocolate cupcakes pack TONS of chocolate flavor in each cupcake wrapper! Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favorite. Centipede and Larvae Cupcake: This tutorial will show you how to make these spooky chocolate cupcakes! You can cook Spooky chocolate cupcakes using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Spooky chocolate cupcakes
- It’s of Cupcake batter.
- Prepare 175 grams of salted butter.
- It’s 115 grams of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 175 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 3 medium of eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 6 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need of Icing.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of food colouring.
- You need 150 grams of unsalted butter.
- It’s 300 grams of icing sugar.
- You need of Decorations.
- It’s 100 grams of chocolate.
- You need 1 of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1 of red food colouring.
Last but not least,arrange these spooky cupcake toppers as you wish! Make this Halloween extra spooky with chocolate spiderweb cupcakes. Easy-to-make and even easier to eat – these are treats that the whole family will enjoy. Create a creepy cupcake recipe in this spooky super kitchen with black cats and jack o' lanterns Get baking with chocolate, raspberry and vanilla cupcakes in this fun and educational cooking game.
Spooky chocolate cupcakes step by step
- Set oven to 180C and place paper cases into trays..
- Beat together the salted butter, caster sugar and vanilla extract. Add in the eggs one by one, beating as you go..
- In a separate bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Fold these dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined..
- Spoon the mixture into cases and bake for about twenty minutes or until a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean. Try not to overcook as the cakes won't be as moist. Leave the cakes to cook before icing otherwise the icing will melt and slide off..
- For the icing, use a 1:2 ratio of unsalted butter:icing sugar. If you tend to be heavy-handed with the icing you can adjust accordingly, but this amount should just ice 12 cakes..
- Beat together the icing sugar, butter and vanilla extract. Add any colour you require. For the orange colour of my cakes I added about 5 parts yellow colour to 1 part red, but you can add whatever you need to get the shade you desire. If the icing is too thick, add a little cold water. Pipe onto your cakes..
- For my decorations I went with chocolate spiderwebs. For this I melted 40% cocoa cooking chocolate in a bain marie (the fancy name for when you put the chocolate in a bowl on top of a pot of hot water and melt the chocolate that way). When the chocolate had cooled down enough, I piped it onto greaseproof paper in spiderweb shapes and put it in the fridge to set. My webs ended up being really melty and sort of melted onto the icing, which I think is down to the chocolate I used and the fact that I didn't temper it. Keep this in mind if you want your webs to stand up straight..
- For my other cakes I bought little knife decorations (which are made of petal paste so I don't think they'd be too hard to make yourself) and added some edible fake blood around them. For the fake blood I just mixed about 1 tsp maple syrup with red food colouring – I used gel colouring to keep the consistency sticky. Any syrup will do, e.g. corn syrup or golden syrup..
Grey cupcakes give these spooky treats a zombie brain look that is so great. What's better than a double chocolate cupcake for Halloween? One with a deliciously spooky marshmallow web! Top with store-bought spider gummy candies for. Spooky Mini Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate.