15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice.
You can make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- You need 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- You need 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- It’s 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare of Seasoning packet from beans.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 4 cups of filtered water.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of ham hock.
- It’s 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of For rice 👇.
- Prepare 3 cups of white instant rice.
- It’s 3 cups of filtered water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice instructions
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
recipe by carrie @cookpad