Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls.
You can cook Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls
- Prepare 13 oz of (tap) Hot water.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- It’s 1 tbs of Brown sugar (or white).
- Prepare 3 1/2 of bread flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of sourdough starter or Discard + 2 tbs flour (optional).
Mom's Turbo Dinner Rolls instructions
- Add water sugar and yeast to a large mixing bowl. Whisk thoroughly. Let bloom 3 mins for instant, 10 for active dry yeast..
- Optional Step – Add sourdough starter once mixture is cooled and mix well. Add 2 tbs additional flour to total flour..
- Add dry ingredients until well incorporated. Cover with plastic Proof 1 ½ hours in warm place, or in oven with light on..
- Turn out dough onto floured surface, coat with flour, shape into a large ball. Cut in half, then quarters, then eights = 8 Large rolls, cut each 8th in half for 16 Medium rolls, or cut each 8ths in 3s for 24 small rolls. Shape each piece into a ball on greased baking sheet. Cover with a tea towel, proof for 30 mins..
- Preheat oven to 450 while rolls are proofing..
- Optional Steps – Egg wash with 1 eggs yolk and 1 tbs water whisked brush the tops of the rolls. *OR* Brush melted butter on before baking. *OR* Garlic Butter. Score rolls in the center..
- Place separately on a cookie sheet for crispy rolls, place closer in a 13×9 for pull apart rolls. Bake @ 450 for 12-18 mins depending size and on how dark you want them..
- Optional Steps – Brush with melted butter or garlic butter before serving..