Yummy Homemade Cake Like Brownies. This recipe for chocolate cake brownies is a great example of just how quick and easy homemade baking can be. You just stir them together in a pot with a wooden spoon. Spread them into a pan and bake.
Whisk in cocoa and oil until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat until cocoa is blended. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in sugar. You can have Yummy Homemade Cake Like Brownies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yummy Homemade Cake Like Brownies
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of Cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Powdered sugar.
- It’s 3/4 of Butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
The brownies should feel set both on the edges and in the center. Remove the brownies from the oven, and cool them on a rack before cutting and serving. They are so moist and super quick and easy to make. For best results, use a Dutch processed cocoa.
Yummy Homemade Cake Like Brownies instructions
- Combine sugar, water and butter in a bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla to butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Bake in a greased 13×9 baking dish at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely then sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares.
For less cake-like brownies, use all-purpose flour instead of self rising. I have been searching for a box-mix-like brownie for some time now. I have a couple really great brownies on the blog already – like these moist and chewy brownies – and now this one! I would say this is more of a cakey brownie, which I love! Cake like brownies have a similar texture to cake, but it's more complicated than that.