Carrot and Beet Cake.
You can make Carrot and Beet Cake using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Carrot and Beet Cake
- Prepare of eggs.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- It’s of hot water.
- You need of cake flour.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare of finely grated carrots.
- Prepare of finely grated beet.
- You need of coarsley chopped walnuts or pecan nuts (extra for decorating).
- Prepare of Cream cheese frosting.
Carrot and Beet Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease and flour 9" bundt pan..
- Separate eggs. Put yolks, sugar, water, vanilla and oil in electric mixer. Mix until just combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl..
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Add carrots and beet. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff..
- Gently fold in egg whites..
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for approximately 45 minutes until done..
- Allow to cool. Frost with your favourite cream cheese frosting and decorate with chopped nuts..
recipe by jaynelle @cookpad