You can make Payes using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Payes
- You need of of water.
- It’s of of Kheer rice or Basmati rice.
- It’s of of milk.
- It’s of of Date Jaggery.
- It’s of of Cardamoms (crush them in mortar and pestle).
- You need of Few Cashewnuts and Raisins (as per your preference).
- Boil water in a pot.Add Kheer rice or Basmati rice.Boil for 10-15 minutes..
- Add milk to it.Boil for 10 minutes (till the milk is boiled to half of its quantity i.e if u add 2l milk then boil it till it becomes 1l)..
- Then add Date Jaggery to the mixture and boil it for 10 minutes..
- Off the burner or stove.Add crushed Cardamoms,Cashewnuts and Raisins to the mixture and mix them well..
- Serve it hot.Although cooled down payes has also good flavour.
recipe by Subhashree @cookpad