Smoked bbq baked beans.
You can cook Smoked bbq baked beans using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Smoked bbq baked beans
- You need 2 lbs of Navy beans.
- It’s of Water to cook beans 6 cups or more.
- You need of Favorite bbq sauce.
- It’s to taste of Brown sugar.
- Prepare to taste of Yellow mustard.
- It’s Half of a red onion diced.
- You need of Bacon or leftover ham optional.
- Prepare to taste of Minced garlic.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste and an other seasoning you like.
- You need to taste of Hot sauce of choice.
- Prepare of Aluminum throwaway pan.
- It’s of Wood chips of choice.
- It’s of Water for pan in smoker.
Smoked bbq baked beans step by step
- Presoak beans in a quick soak or overnight follow bag instructions.
- Cook beans to package instructions. I did a quick soak and did everything in a pressure cooker/ instant pot. I covered my beans with water little over 6 cups, cooked on low for 3 mins with a natural release of ten mins… then quick release..
- Drained water from cooked beans. Set aside.
- In a frying pan add some oil to just cover the bottom and brown the diced onion, and right before it’s done add in the minced garlic, and ham / bacon. I used leftover Easter ham and use my food processor, or can leave in bits sizes chunks… bacon- if using bacon cut it in small chunks before frying with onions. Set aside.
- In a big bowl add in all the wet ingredients and spices, brown sugar… mix, then add in the onion mixture, mix up some more, then carefully fold in cooked beans, (at this point this can be done lol or just popped in the oven to heat up if you don’t have a smoker or didn’t want to smoke them, beans are already fully cooked.).
- Spray Aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour beans into pan..
- Set up smoker. I use an Electric smoker. I put my food in turn on high till it starts to smoke and then go to med heat. And replace wood chips as needed. I let this go for about 4 hrs checking on them from time to time. Cooking times just depends on how you want your bbq bake beans. I just taste test,and pull them out to my liking. This can go for just 2 hrs or all day.. the choice is yours….
recipe by 💜NinjaMommaKitchen💙 @cookpad