Pani Puri with Ragda.
You can make Pani Puri with Ragda using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pani Puri with Ragda
- Prepare of For the Ragda.
- You need 200 gm of yellow peas dried.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Rock salt.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 of green chilli.
- Prepare as needed of Water.
- You need 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Jeera powder.
- Prepare As needed of curry leaves.
- Prepare of For the Tamarind Chutney.
- It’s 100 gm of Dates.
- You need 100 gm of Tamarind.
- Prepare 100 gm of Jaggery.
- Prepare to taste of Rock salt.
- It’s to taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of For the Green Coriander Chutney.
- Prepare 1 bunch of mint leaves around 1 cup after cleaning.
- It’s 1 bunch of coriander leaves around 1.5 cup after cleaning with stem.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of Ginger.
- Prepare 3-4 of chillies for green chilli pasteas per taste.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Pani Puri with Ragda instructions
- Soak the peas for a minimum 4 hrs. Or over night. Wash the peas, put it in a pressure cooker and add water which just covers the peas in it, not more. Add salt and turmeric. Keep on low flame for 4 to 5 whistles. The consistency should be rounded peas but soft and mashable and water should be almost drier up..
- In a pan take oil, add curry leaves and 1 green chilli slited, roast till the flavours r infused. Remove from the oil and discard add jeera powder. Add the peas, saute for few mins once mixed properly and u see little bubbles of water, switch off gas. If the peas have a lot of water, you can keep the water aside, and u can squeeze some lemon and add rock salt and black pepper, it tastes delicious. If the mix is totally dry, sprinkle little water. Ragada is done..
- Soak the tamarind in water, if u want to fasten the process, keep in microwave for short period of 15 secs. Keep an eye as it splutters a lot, keep in a big bowl to avoid mess. Cool. Discard the seeds and pass through a sieve, you will get a thick syrup. Add more water to get more flavour out of it..
- Run the dates through a mixie and make a paste out of it by adding little water. Mix the dates in the tamarind. Keep on gas stove. Add the jaggery in it. Add black pepper and rock salt as per taste. Keep it little thick. Add lime juice if u need more sourness in it. Tamarind and Date Chutney is done.
- Run the chillies in the mixie, keep aside, use water to make thick paste..
- Run coriander, mint, ginger and garlic in the mixie. Make paste out of it. Take an ice cube tray and a big vessel. Empty ice in it. Add the green chutney in it. Add water, almost 1.5 ltrs depending upon coriander flavour. Add chilli paste as per ur taste, little at a time. Add regular salt. Taste. Add more chilli or salt if needed. Green chutney water is done..
- Assemble everything together and enjoy with store bought or homemade puris.
recipe by Satpal Kaur Anand @cookpad