Green Bean Casserole. You can make it before any guests arrive and refrigerate it until it's ready to bake. —Anna Baker, Blaine, Washington. No Thanksgiving feast is complete without one. A great side dish for a holiday or any day.
Prepared with a rich mushroom gravy and made completely from scratch, this is the perfect no-fuss Thanksgiving side dish idea. There's always the tried-and-true family recipe that your great-great-grandmother baked to perfection ages ago.or you can make your very own tradition this year. Even now as we go to other family holiday get togethers with extended family, it always makes an. You can cook Green Bean Casserole using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Green Bean Casserole
- It’s 4 Cups of canned greenbeans (drained).
- Prepare 1-10.5 ounce of can cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 2-7 oz. of cans whole button mushrooms drained.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of evaporated canned milk.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/3 Cups of French fried onions.
The outcome was so fabulous that I made it again two days later for Thanksgiving.
Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Mix soup, milk, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in mushrooms and green beans..
- Stir in 2/3 Cup of French fried onions..
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes..
- Stir and top with remaining 1/3 cup onions and bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes OR until onions have browned..