Ghost chilli mutton chop curry. This Chettinad Mutton Chops Kozhumbhu is one of my signature dish. Do give it a try and relish it. And if you cannot relish it, at least dream about it! 😀.
This delicious starter can be cooked very quickly as an overnight marinade does a lot of the work for you. He makes the most amazing mutton curries, especially chops. Most times they are experiments which he somehow forgets to note down during the first This particular curry has been tried several times over and each time it tastes better than the previous attempt. You can make Ghost chilli mutton chop curry using 31 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ghost chilli mutton chop curry
- You need 500 gm of mutton chops.
- It’s 1 tsp of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 &1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 500 ml of water.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of Ingredients for marination(grind all the masalas into a small paste).
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 & 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare as needed of onion paste.
- Prepare as needed of spice mix powder.
- You need of Ingredients for onion paste.
- It’s 1 of ghost chilli( bhoot jholokia)soak in water for 20 minutes.
- Prepare 200 gm of onion, finely sliced and deep fried to golden brown.
- You need 2 & 1/2 tsp of yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger paste.
- It’s 1 & 1/2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 & 1/2 tsp of raw papaya paste.
- It’s 1 small of green chilli.
- You need of Ingredients for spice mix powder ( dry roasted and grinded to a fine powder).
- Prepare 2 of black cardamom.
- It’s 4 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 2" of cinnamon.
- It’s 4 of cloves.
- It’s 3 petals of star anise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of aniseed.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
It is simply a beautiful curry that goes. dhaba style mutton curry. Add cooking oil and let the oil heat. Add bay leaves, dry red chilli and cumin seeds and fry it for few seconds. Add chopped onions and fry it till it turns light brown.
Ghost chilli mutton chop curry step by step
- Marinate the mutton chops in the marinademix for 5-6 hours or overnight preferably..
- In a heavy bottomed non stick panheat oil.Add tomato paste and kashmiri red chilli powder. Saute on low heat for a minute..
- Add the chops along with the marinade;saute till the oil starts to separate..
- Add water and salt..
- Cover with a tight fitted lid and let cook on simmer till the oil floats on top and the chops are cooked through and tender..
- Add garam masala powder and stir through..
- Serve hot with rice..
This easy Indian mutton curry will soon become your favourite bowl of comfort food. This easy, homemade Indian Mutton Curry will become your go to recipe every time you want to cook with lamb. Tender, succulent pieces of meat are cooked in a spicy gravy that makes it the perfect bowl of comfort. The gongura mutton curry is recipe is actually a variation of the normal Andhra mutton curry. It does not use too many spices which lets the flavour of the gongura leaves come out So, do not waste time.