Gluten free Almond Cake.
You can cook Gluten free Almond Cake using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gluten free Almond Cake
- It’s 1 and 1/2 cups of almond flour.
- You need 4 of eggs (room temperature).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sliced almonds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- It’s 3 tbsp of icing sugar for garnishing (optional).
Gluten free Almond Cake instructions
- Grease a cake pan (round or square as per your choice) with butter or oil. Line the bottom of the pan with baking paper..
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites..
- In a mixing bowl combine egg yolks and sugar..
- Beat with an electric hand mixer on high speed for 3 minutes..
- Add almond flour and lemon zest. Use a spatula to fold and stir together until everything mix well..
- Wash and dry all the attachments of your hand mixer..
- Then beat egg whites with the electric hand mixer together until stiff peaks form..
- Gently fold the egg whites 1 spoonful at a time into the almond batter and make sure everything mixed well..
- Once all the egg whites are incorporated, transfer the batter to the pre-prepared baking pan and sprinkle the top with sliced almonds..
- Preheat the oven to 175-degree Celcius. Bake the cake for 30 minutes..
- Let the cake rest in the pan for 15 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle some icing sugar if you want or enjoy this low sweet gluten-free dessert as it is..
recipe by Sushama Samanta @cookpad