Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour).
You can make Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour)
- It’s 1+3/4 cups of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of flavorless oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 cup of whole-wheat flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) instructions
- Beat 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil until smooth..
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon vanilla essence to the sugar and oil mixture and beat well..
- Mix the dry ingredients (1 cup whole-wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder) and add to the liquid mixture through a sieve. Slowly fold until no dry patches are visible..
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots and 1/2 cup walnuts to this mixture. Pour the mixture in a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 45mins at 350F. Once done, let the cake cool down..
- To prepare the frosting, add 1/4 cup softened butter, remaining 3/4 cups sugar and 4 oz cream cheese to a bowl. Beat well to form a smooth frosting. Layer the top of the cooled cake with the frosting. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon if you like..
recipe by Priyanka Mitra @cookpad