Vegan Spinach Pie.
You can make Vegan Spinach Pie using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Spinach Pie
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of margarine.
- It’s 150 g of chickpea flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper, garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of vegetable bouillon cube.
- You need 500 ml of soy milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 430 g of frozen chopped spinach.
- You need 100 g of soy yogurt, unsweetened.
- Prepare of Easy Pie Crust.
- Prepare 250 g of AP flour.
- You need 100 ml of hot tap water.
- You need 100 ml of oil (I used 50 ml EVOO, 50ml sunflower)or melted margarine.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
Vegan Spinach Pie instructions
- For the filling: Start off by making a roux: melt margarine in a pot. Add chickpea flour and whisk. Slowly add in milk. Whisk vigorously to break up clumps. Cook for a few minutes..
- Next, add spinach, onion, water, stock cube and spices. Cook until spinach has thawed and the mixture has reduced to a thick paste..
- Mix in the soy yogurt. Set aside to cool..
- For the pie crust: combine all ingredients in a Tupperware box. Cover with a tight lid. Shake vigorously until a ball of dough forms..
- Put the ball of dough in the center of a parchment-lined pan. Spread it out with your knuckles. The dough is very forgiving, but take your time with this step. Get the crust as thin as possible without leaving any holes. Patch up any mistakes..
- Prick your crust with a fork and blind bake it at 200°C for 5-10 min, just until the dough gets a bit firm..
- Pour spinach filling inside the crust and bake it at 180°C for 20 min, then at 200°C for 15 min or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. If the edges are starting to burn before the filling has set, cover your pie with aluminum foil..
- Let cool for 10 min and enjoy :).
recipe by red.queen @cookpad