Chocolate Cupcakes. These super moist chocolate cupcakes pack TONS of chocolate flavor in each cupcake wrapper! Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favorite. Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes topped with a chocolate buttercream frosting!
I have tested recipes from every major recipe source and have not been able to find the one I considered to be perfect. This basic chocolate cupcake recipe uses vinegar and baking soda to create an acid-base reaction, causing bubbles to form and thus the cupcakes to rise as they bake. These classic chocolate cupcakes are ready in less than an hour, and the perfect dessert for any occasion. You can cook Chocolate Cupcakes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cupcakes
- It’s 4 of tbps unsalted butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process).
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
I have tried it with Hershey's extra dark cocoa powder as well as other non-Dutch process. This Chocolate Cupcake recipe makes moist, delicious cupcakes! These chocolate cupcakes, from my Best Chocolate Cake Ever, are so easy and always favorites for the Best Chocolate Cupcakes! Unsweetened chocolate – adding in melted chocolate will give the cupcakes even more decadent chocolate flavor.
Chocolate Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper or foil liners..
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter with the vegetable oil and water over low heat..
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the melted butter mixture and beat with a handheld mixer at low speed until smooth. Add the egg and beat until incorporated, then add the buttermilk and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the bottom and side of the bowl. Pour the batter into the lined muffin tins, filling them about three-fourths full..
- Bake the cupcakes in the center of the oven for about 25 minutes, until springy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
- Let the cupcakes cool slightly, then transfer them to a rack to cool completely. Frost and top the cupcakes as desired. (See recipes for Chocolate Frosting, Marshmallow Frosting or White Buttercream Frosting.).
The flavor reminds me of brownies. Buttermilk – this is the key ingredient for moist. These chocolate cupcakes are the best – moist, rich, and decadent! This easy chocolate cupcake recipe includes step-by-step directions and video. These are the best chocolate cupcakes.