Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce.
You can make Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce
- It’s 6-8 lb. of bone-in ham (shank end or butt end).
- You need Dash of cinnamon and dried ginger.
- You need 25 of whole cloves.
- It’s of Glaze:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbs. of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 tbs. of dark grain mustard.
- Prepare of Rum Raisin Sauce:.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbs. of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbs. of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbs. of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of golden raisins.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of grated lemon peel (or orange peel).
- You need 2 tbs. of lemon juice (or juice from orange).
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white rum.
Glazed Baked Ham w/ Rum-Raisin Sauce step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place ham in a roasting pan fat side up. Lightly dash the meat with cinnamon and ginger. Dot the meat skin with cloves..
- For a nice presentation make long cuts with a sharp knife that resembles a diamond pattern. Insert a clove in each diamond shape..
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil over the ham and down both sides. Put the ham in the heated oven and bake for 60 minutes..
- Prepare the glaze by adding the sugar, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl and mix to a paste consistency. Set aside..
- After the initial baking time, baste the pan juices over the ham and coat all sides with the glaze. Tent the ham with the foil on top..
- Bake for another 30 minutes. Baste the ham again after 15 minutes and at the end. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes before carving..
- Full bake time is about 15-17 minutes per lb. or internal temp reads 125°F. Note: the ham is pre-cooked so reaching a higher internal temp tends to dry the meat out..
- For the sauce: In a saucepan, add brown sugar, cornstarch and dry mustard. Next add the vinegar, raisins, grated peel, and juice. Heat the pan over medium heat and gradually add the water while whisking..
- Continue heating, adding the rum, and stir frequently until it thickens and slightly bubbles. Set aside to slightly cool. [Makes about 2 cups].
- To carve: Place the ham on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut 2-3 thin slices on the skin side of the ham, down towards the bone..
- Next make one single cut into the ham to release the slices. Repeat the carving steps. [Save the bone for stock – bean soup].
recipe by rikminptc @cookpad