Valentine Heart Cookies.
You can make Valentine Heart Cookies using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Valentine Heart Cookies
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsps of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extra.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsps of red food colouring.
Valentine Heart Cookies instructions
- Take a bowl and mix the dry ingredients together: the flour and baking powder.
- Take another bowl and cream the butter and sugar together. Add in the egg and vanilla. Now slowly pour this mixture into the flour bowl and mix.
- Once its comes together, remove 2/3 of the dough and put it in a bowl. In the remaining 1/3 add the red food colouring in and roll the dough till its uniformly red in color.
- Roll out the red dough to about an inch thick. Pull out your heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out heart shapes and stack them together.
- Wipe the counter off any red bits and then roll out the regular coloured dough and cover the stacked hearts. It was a bit of tricky process especially with the almost 3 year old eager to help.
- Once the hearts are fully covered with the white dough, wrap it in cling wrap and I stuck it in the fridge for an hour.
- Once the hour had passed. Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Line the baking tray with some baking paper OR as you can see in the pic below, I used a silicone baking mat that I picked up from Ikea in Kuwait! YAY.
- I cut the cookie dough into 1/2 inch rounds and they looked oh so cute as you can see. I placed them on the baking tray and let it bake for about 10mins max. You need to keep an eye on the cookie as you don't want it to go all brown.
- Pull it out of the oven and let it cool before storing it away.
recipe by Beula Pandian Thomas @cookpad