If you’re looking for a show-stopping salad that’s easy to make, delicious, and will impress your guests, then you’ve come to the right place. This 2512 salad is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a hit. With its vibrant colors, fresh ingredients, and bold flavors, this salad is guaranteed to make your taste buds dance.
So, without further ado, let’s get started on making this easy and delicious salad that will leave your guests wanting more.
- 2 cups of arugula
- 2 cups of mixed greens
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of sliced cucumber
- 1 cup of sliced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry all the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, and red onion. Toss gently to combine.
- Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese and pine nuts on top of the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Calories: 250 | Fat: 20g | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 4g | Protein: 7g
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
This salad is perfect as a side dish or can be served as a main course by adding grilled chicken or shrimp. It pairs well with a glass of white wine or a crisp beer.
You can add or substitute any vegetables or cheese you like. Some great additions include avocado, olives, or goat cheese. You can also swap out the pine nuts for walnuts or almonds.
If you don’t have arugula or mixed greens, you can use any lettuce you have on hand. Instead of cherry tomatoes, you can use regular tomatoes or sun-dried tomatoes. And if you don’t have feta cheese, you can use goat cheese or blue cheese.
This salad is best served fresh and doesn’t store well. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
- Make sure to wash and dry all the vegetables thoroughly to remove any dirt or debris.
- Use a good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the dressing.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for a few minutes until golden brown to enhance their flavor.
Feel free to adjust the amount of dressing to your taste. If you like more dressing, simply double the recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this salad ahead of time?
We don’t recommend making this salad ahead of time as it’s best served fresh.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, you can use any cheese you like. Some great options include goat cheese, blue cheese, or even shredded cheddar.
Can I use a different type of nut?
Yes, you can use any nut you like. Some great options include walnuts, almonds, or pecans.
This 2512 salad is one of my go-to recipes when I’m entertaining guests. It’s easy to make, looks impressive, and tastes delicious. I love the combination of fresh vegetables, tangy feta cheese, and crunchy pine nuts. The dressing is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy, and it ties all the flavors together. I highly recommend giving this salad a try – your guests will thank you!