Mexican sopes (Base with grated Potatoes and filling with corn bean chaat).
You can make Mexican sopes (Base with grated Potatoes and filling with corn bean chaat) using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican sopes (Base with grated Potatoes and filling with corn bean chaat)
- You need 3 of potatoes grated, washed and drain.
- You need 2 tsp of corn flour,.
- You need of Salt,.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chat masala,.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of American corn Kernels –.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tri colour bell pepper chopped – Each.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Black eye beans/ Kidney beans/ Red beans.
- You need 2 tbsp of onion chopped -.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato sauce -.
- It’s of Chaat Masala.
- Prepare to taste of salt and Black pepper powder.
- Prepare of Date-Tamarind Chutney:.
- You need 100 gm of Tamarind.
- You need 6-8 of dates.
- You need 2 of whole red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jeera powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dry ginger Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar/ jaggery.
Mexican sopes (Base with grated Potatoes and filling with corn bean chaat) instructions
- Tamarind Chutney: Soak Tamarind and dates for 10 minutes. Remove seeds from both and grind them along with chillies, ginger, salt and jeera powder. Sieve it and boil it. Store it in a glass jar..
- Topping: Heat butter in a pan. Add onion and garlic and roast lightly. Add all bell peppers and cook for 2-3 mins(not fully cooked. Crunchy taste is awesome) Add oregano, sauce and salt and pepper and cook for 5 mins. Add boiled beans and corn and mix it well. Garnish with coriander and spring onions..
- Sopes Base: Mix grated potatoes and corn flour add salt, red chilli in a bowl. Heat a skillet on a medium Flame. Grease it with little oil and spread potato mix on it. And make sopes on nonstick pan, roast from both side's and remove when golden in colour..
- Take it out on absorbent paper and then spread a layer of tamarind chutney, layer of topping prepared, 1 tsp of chutney, sprinkle some chaat Masala and garnish with fresh coriander and spring onions..
recipe by Shikha Yashu Jethi @cookpad