Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding. Healthy & easy way of making rice pudding/kheer without refined sugar and without dairy. An absolute favourite in our house and so simple! This is a very flavorful Basmati rice pudding made with coconut milk, raisins, cardamom, and toasted almonds and pistachios.
The Best Jaggery Pudding Recipes on Yummly Watalappan(coconut Jaggery Steamed Pudding), Rice Pudding With Jaggery & Star Anise, Instant Pot Jowar Kheer Rice Pudding with Jaggery & Star AniseA Bit Wholesomely. star anise, jaggery, water, jaggery, milk, basmati rice, golden raisins. Red Rice Flakes Coconut Milk Pudding / Aval Payasam With Jaggery You can have Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding
- Prepare 1 litre of full fat milk.
- Prepare 100 gm of basmati rice (short grain with aroma… kamni chawal).
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- You need 1 cup of date palm jaggery.
Payasam Recipe Coconut – Jaggery Kadubu is also known as Kai kadubu, is delicious and finger licking kadubu for Banana Rasayana is a no-cook, easy, simple, instant and healthy kheer or payasam prepared with bananas. It is made with jaggery and coconut milk. As soon as i tasted it, i fell in love with it. Kheer is Indian rice pudding made with only three basic ingredients- rice, milk and sugar.
Jaggery and coconut kheer rice pudding step by step
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins.
- Boil milk and then add rice and cook on slow flame….. stirring in between ensuring that the rice does not stick to the pot..
- Once the rice is fully cooked that it can be mashed easily then add the grated jaggery and fresh grated coconut and mix well… at this step u will have to constantly stir the kheer otherwise it will stick to the pot…
- While stirring the kheer mash the rice with the back of the spoon… the texture will become thick and creamy… once it's all done… immediately transfer to serving bowls or glasses and cool in refrigerate for at least 3 hours… serve cold.
recipe by Nazneen Alamgir @cookpad
And I think that's the reason it is so commonly made in India because the basic ingredients are so readily available everywhere. Creamy Coconut Rice Pudding with a tropical kick – super easy to make, a real joy to eat and it's vegan too! Maybe even better than the "original"? Coconut Rice Pudding – A dense dish. While it's cooking, this dish looks like it will just make small portions.