You can have Bran Muffins using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Bran Muffins
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of bran cereal (looks like tiny matchsticks, not flakes).
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raisins, chopped dates or chopped walnuts (pictured).
Bran Muffins instructions
- Grease 12 large muffin tins or line with paper baking cups..
- Combine milk, lemon juice, egg, vegetable oil and bran cereal and set aside..
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients including raisins, dates or walnuts and make a well..
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just till moistened..
- Spoon batter into cups and bake in 350 degree oven till toothpick comes out clean (about 15 to 17 minutes)..
- Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container..
recipe by ingridbagnariol @cookpad