Dinner Rolls from scratch.
You can cook Dinner Rolls from scratch using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Dinner Rolls from scratch
- It’s 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of warm milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter softened.
- You need 1 tsp of sat.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of flour.
Dinner Rolls from scratch step by step
- In mixing bowl of a stand mixer add water, yeast and 1 tsp sugar. Stir until dissolved at let sit about 15 minutes until it gets foamy.
- Add in milk, sugar, butter, salt & egg and mix well.
- Add in flour slowly and mix using the dough hook. Add extra flour if needed so the dough is not sticking to the bowl.
- With the dough hook, knead on medium speed for about 8-10 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Put dough in a large glass bowl coated with butter and cover with a towel.
- Heat oven 350 degrees then turn off. Put dough in the warm oven to rise for an hour.
- Punch down and shape into 12 equal size rolls placing them in a 9×13 dish lined with parchment paper, cover with towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush melted butter over the top and bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush on melted butter when out of the oven.