Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan).
You can make Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan)
- It’s of + 2 yellow onions.
- Prepare of veggie soup square.
- Prepare of couscous.
- Prepare of fresh spinach or other leafy greens.
- You need of golden raisins.
- You need of tunisian spice mix.
- You need of yellow peppers.
- You need of fresh tomatoes.
- You need of tomatoe puree.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Oregano to tast.
- It’s of eggplant.
- It’s of carrots.
- It’s of potatoes.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of sunflower oil.
Tunisian couscous-my way (Vegan) instructions
- Peel the onions and cut one of them in little squares. Start frying this onion on the sunflower oil and when it starts to get transparent add the spinach ot other leafy greens and add the tomatoe puree. Cook until the spinach becomes soft. Then add 4 cups of water..
- Add the tunisian spice mix, add the peeled veggies: cut the potatoes into big squares, cut the carrots into 4 pieces, cut the eggplant in big squares, cut the tomatoe in big squares too..
- Also add those onions that we left in one piece at the beginning. Also add the soup square and the yellow peppers cut into slices.Add the oregano and salt to taste..
- Next take the "upper part" of the couscous cooking pot and add the couscous, pour a mugful of hot water on it and add the olive oil. Stir to combine..
- Also stir the veggies in the down part of pot also. Put the top part on top of down part and steam the couscous till soft..
- Stir both parts of pot from time to time and add more hot water to couscous if it seems dry..
- Serve the veggie sauce on top of couscous and also add raisins on top. Let me know if you tried this recipe..
recipe by 💜Ava_Michelles_Fusion_Kitchen💜 @cookpad