Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli.
You can have Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli
- Prepare 2 liter of full cream milk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of semolina/ suji.
- You need 2 cups of grated coconut.
- Prepare 3 cups of patali gud/date palm jaggery.
Dudh Puli/Kheer Puli step by step
- In a pan add grated coconut & cook on slow flame..
- Add 1/3 of the patali gud/ date palm jaggery & cook until the mixture reduces to 1/3..
- Keep stirring.Then switch of the flame & transfer the mixture into a bowl to cool down..
- Meanwhile in a kadhai mix rice flour & semolina with hot water by stirring continuously & make a soft dough like consistency.No lumps should be there..
- Transfer the rice flour, semolina mixture to a bowl, mix well to form a dough..
- Cut the dough into equal 20 pieces & make small balls..
- Take a ball & flatten it using your palm & finger & place 1 tsp of coconut, jaggery stuffing in the middle..
- Seal from both sides designed it with a fork & give the puli. A shape of half-moon. Make all the pulies..
- Take the milk in a deep bottom vessel & start boiling it. Until the milk reduced to 2/3..
- Now take one cup boiling milk & mix jaggery with it. Add this mixture to the boiling milk & mix well..
- Now add the pulis one by one into the boiling milk & cook for few mints till the milk thicken..
- Once the desired consistency reached, switch off the flame. Wait to cool & then serve the delicious dudh puli & enjoy..
recipe by Deepanjali Das @cookpad