Rose flavoured steamed Sago-pandan cake. Great recipe for Rose flavoured steamed Sago-pandan cake. Pretty rose flavoured Sago cakes are relished across South East Asia. Pandan leaves have the magical formula for easing pains, especially arthritis, cramps and even lowers blood sugar levels besides adding an excellent taste to the dishes.
Today we had done a delicious and healthy Javvarisi Cake. Hope you all enjoy this recipe. Rose flavoured steamed Sago-pandan cake Recipe by Runa Ganguly Great recipe for Rose flavoured steamed Sago-pandan cake. You can make Rose flavoured steamed Sago-pandan cake using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rose flavoured steamed Sago-pandan cake
- It’s 100 gms of Sago washed, cleaned and strained.
- You need 1 of large sprig of raw pandan leaf.
- Prepare of Rose extract/unsweetened rose syrup.
- Prepare 1 of tbsn sugar.
- It’s 5 of tbsn fresh shredded/desiccated coconut.
- It’s as needed of Water.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
See great recipes for Three Layers Cake (Kue Lapis Surabaya) too! See great recipes for Pandan Soft Cake – Alunan nada, Pandan Chiffon Cake too! Kuih Sago is a traditional Asian dessert and a common kueh that can be found throughout Malaysia. The thick and chewy textured kueh is basically made of pearl sago and sugar.
Rose flavoured steamed Sago-pandan cake step by step
- In a saucepan, combine Sago and a cup water.
- Add salt to taste, 1 tbsn sugar and mix and let simmer on Low heat.
- Place a pandan leaf tied in knot dipped in the Sago mix and add the rose syrup.
- Bring it to boil and when you get the aroma of pandan leaf carefully take it off and take off heat.
- Next pour in the hot mix into a steamer(make sure it’s greased with oil or lined with a banana leaf or baking paper).
- Steam the mix for about 10 minutes as they were already semi cooked.
- Keep covered for 5-10 minutes and remove it carefully by inverting the steamer or alongwith the baking sheet used for steaming.
- Let cool and cut into desired shape.
- Serve chilled coated with desiccated or fresh coconut shreds.
- Tips: pandan leaves can be obtained from a store selling South East Asian spices and veggies.
Kuih Sago is made from small sago pearls, its texture is soft but chewy. This recipe uses natural colouring to make this nice-looking and delicious Kuih Sago. Which flavor is a must for this dish? This sweet dessert, with a twist, is definitely an impressive way to make a difference to a traditional steamed Huat Kueh. Vanilla Steamer with Rose-Flavored Marshmallows Pair these rose-flavored marshmallows with a cup of milk steamed to a frothy finish, lightly sweetened, and infused with vanilla.