Valentine mini heart cake.
You can cook Valentine mini heart cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Valentine mini heart cake
- It’s of For the sponge:.
- It’s 110 g of plain flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 110 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 110 g of butter, softened.
- You need 2 of medium eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- Prepare of good quality raspberry jam.
- Prepare 200 ml of double cream.
- You need of icing sugar, for dusting.
Valentine mini heart cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/gas 3..
- Prepare a rectangular 20 x 30cm flan or cake tin: line it with parchment and grease it lightly, or butter and flour the bottom of the tin..
- Sift the flour with the baking powder into a large bowl..
- Add all the other sponge ingredients..
- Beat with a handheld mixer or in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment for a couple of minutes, until the batter becomes creamy and smooth..
- Spoon it into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until the sponge springs back when lightly pressed..
- Loosen the sides with a palette knife; turn the cake out onto a wooden board smooth side down, then carefully peel off the parchment..
- Turn the cake right side up onto a wire rack and cool completely..
- In the meantime lightly whip the cream..
- Using a heart shaped biscuit cutter cut out hearts from the cooled sponge..
- Spread some jam over half the hearts (on the side that was bottoms of the cake) and spoon the whipped cream on the other hearts..
- Sandwich them together and dust with icing sugar before serving..
recipe by Cuisine Fiend @cookpad