Orange and Rose Syrup Cake with Pista Crunch. A delicious, super-moist Orange Syrup Cake recipe with the intense flavor of juicy oranges & ground almonds. And easy do-ahead recipe that everyone will The result is a pretty great cake and I would imagine during strawberry season, it would be terrific with a pile of lightly sweetened berries alongside. The cake and the crunch layers of this cake are delicious and I will make this recipe again.
The resulting syrup is then cooled and stored in a bottle or jar. You can infuse it with orange flavor by simmering orange peel in the syrup, which might be nice for brushing onto the layers of a classic. So I made this orange syrup cake tonight but it was cooked in half the time is that okay as well? You can have Orange and Rose Syrup Cake with Pista Crunch using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange and Rose Syrup Cake with Pista Crunch
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup 1 cups of sugar + sugar syrup for.
- It’s 1/2 cup of refined oil.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 tsp + 1/2tsp of orange syrup essence.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of buttermilk sour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of rose white essence.
- You need 1/2 cup of pistachios unsalted , chopped ,.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
CHELSEA: yes, cooking times will vary. Now here's a cake that'll wow 'em. Under that creamy white frosting are two layers of zesty orange-flavored cake, plus two layers of graham cracker/sugared pecan-spiked crunch. This elegant cake is soaked in a fragrant lemon syrup, perfumed by flower waters.
Orange and Rose Syrup Cake with Pista Crunch step by step
- Grease and line a baking dish and preheat oven to 180 degrees C..
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt..
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar and refined oil..
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well to mix after each egg..
- Add the orange essence and mix..
- Now add the flour, in three batches, beating well to mix..
- Finally add the sour buttermilk to get the batter to the right consistency. It should not be too wet or too dry..
- Bake for 30 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- While the cake is baking, prepare the sugar syrup by boiling 1 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water. Cook till the sugar has dissolved and the syrup has thickened slightly..
- Add the chopped pistachios and the rose and orange essence. Taste to see if the flavours are strong enough. Add more if required..
- While the cake is hot, poke holes in it with a skewer, and pour the syrup over it. Spread the pistachio evenly over the top of the cake..
- Return to the oven. Reduce the temperature to about 100 degree C and allow the cake to heat through for another 5 to 7 minutes. The sugar should just start to crystalise..
- Remove from the oven. Cool. And serve..
The garnish is candied rose petals sprinkled with toasted coconut. The cake keeps for days in the fridge. Feels perfect with the arrival of spring. – amusebouche. I've made a rose water syrup for a similar almond flour and semolina cake. Orange polenta cake with honey syrup recipe.