Tamarind date chutney.
You can make Tamarind date chutney using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tamarind date chutney
- Prepare of seedless tamarind/ imli (Soaked).
- Prepare of seedless dates/khajoor.
- You need of jaggery/ gud.
- You need of fennel seeds.
- You need of coriander seeds.
- Prepare of cumin powder.
- It’s of Kashmiri red chilli powder/ Lal mirch powder.
- It’s of ginger powder/ sonth powder.
- It’s of black salt powder.
- You need of water, 3 cup to adjust consistency.
- You need of amchoor powder (mango powder).
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
Tamarind date chutney instructions
- In a pan add tamarind, jaggery, dates, coriander seeds, and fennel seeds, pour 2 cup water mix, and let the mixture boil for 10 minutes..
- Mix and mash tamarind and dates, furthermore simmer the mixture for 2 minutes. later allow the mixture to cool completely..
- Now transfer the mixture to a blender and blend smooth puree. further strain the purée..
- In a wok now add 2 tsp of vegetable oil and sprinkle some cumin seeds, crackled then add tamarind and date purée and mix well, now add all the powder spice from ingredients then add some water to adjust consistency. boil the mixture for another 10 minutes or as per your requirement..
- Lip-smacking Chutney is ready to use when cools completely. Refrigerate for up to a month or freeze for about 6 months..
recipe by Sadaf Jabeen @cookpad