You can make Date cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Date cake
- It’s 250 g of seedless dates.
- You need 50 g of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 75 g of butter.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- You need 225 g of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need of pecans.
Date cake step by step
- Soak the dates in the milk for 30 minutes.
- In a different bowl, mix the sugar, melted butter, and cocoa for 3 minutes then add the eggs with the vanilla and mix again.
- Add the baking powder and one third of the flour by sifting it in. Mix the cake batter then sift in the remaining flour..
- Add all the milk with the dates to the batter with some crushed walnut/pecans.
- Spread some butter in a baking tray then sprinkle flour over it.
- Pour in the batter into the tray then decorate with some pecans on the top.
- Bake for 50 minutes in a preheated oven at 180c.
recipe by Linda L. @cookpad