[Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts.
You can make [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of [Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts
- It’s of apple cider.
- It’s of finely diced apple.
- You need of coconut oil.
- It’s of flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxmeal + 3 tablespoons water).
- You need of dark brown sugar.
- You need of unsweetened Almond milk.
- It’s of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of ground nutmeg.
- You need of ground ginger.
- It’s of ground cloves.
- Prepare of For a cinnamon & sugar topping:.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
[Vegan] Apple Cider Donuts instructions
- To a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the apple cider and apples. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2/3 cup total, about 10 minutes..
- Pour the apple mixture into a medium, heat-proof mixing bowl and add the coconut oil to help it melt. Cool until lukewarm, about 20 minutes..
- About 5 minutes before proceeding with the doughnut batter, make the flax egg and preheat the oven. To make the flax egg, mix the flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. It will need to sit for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a doughnut pan by spraying with nonstick spray, an oil mister, or lightly greasing the cups with coconut oil. Set aside..
- When the apple mixture has cooled enough to proceed, add the flax egg, brown sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine..
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Stir with a whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir again, just until combined..
- Spoon the batter into the cups of the doughnut pan, or scoop the batter into a gallon-size zipper bag, snip off the end, and pipe it into the pan. Fill the cups 2/3 full, dividing the batter evenly between all the cups..
- Bake until the tops spring back when you poke them, 10-12 minutes..
- Remove from oven. Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then carefully transfer the doughnuts to a wire rack. But don’t walk away just yet! You’ll want to dip the doughnuts in the cinnamon-sugar mix while they’re still warm. Mix together the cinnamon-sugar topping by combining the sugar and cinnamon in a large zipper bag. One by one, gently place the still-warm doughnuts in the bag with the cinnamon sugar and very carefully toss the doughnut in the sugar mix until coated. Place back on the wire rack..
- Donuts keep well at room temperature in a semi-airtight container for 2-3 days (I store them in a glass cookie jar.).
recipe by Fiona Ó Ruairc @cookpad