Cafe Au Lait Coffee Flavored Mushipan (Steamed Bread).
You can make Cafe Au Lait Coffee Flavored Mushipan (Steamed Bread) using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Cafe Au Lait Coffee Flavored Mushipan (Steamed Bread)
- You need 1 tbsp of Instant coffee.
- You need 1 tbsp of Boiling water.
- It’s 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 50 grams of Light brown sugar (or your favorite sugar).
- You need 75 ml of Milk.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Toppings of your choice such as walnuts or chocolate chips.
Cafe Au Lait Coffee Flavored Mushipan (Steamed Bread) step by step
- Add hot water to the instant coffee and dissolve properly. Put water into the steamer, and start heating the steamer over high heat..
- Sift the cake flour and baking powder into a bowl and add in the light brown sugar and salt. Add the milk to the dissolved coffee and mix well; add this to the bowl and mix again..
- Distribute the batter into the cups, add toppings of your choice such as walnuts etc., steam for 10 minutes over high heat, and it is done..
- Key point: Measure out the ingredients properly; only lightly mix the ingredients together; and be sure to put the filled cups in the steamer after heating it up so plenty of steam is rising..
- This is a rich "coffee chocolate steamed bread" version made with lots of coffee (1 1/2 tablespoons), and dark chocolate (6 pieces)..
- This version has chocolate and caramel chips. The coffee and caramel chips go so well together – delicious!.
- This one is topped with walnuts..
- This one has chocolate chips both in the batter and on top..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad